The UMi Hammer S is UMi’s second attempt at making a near-indestructible phone. Rugged phones have been around for ages, but UMi’s trying to give rugged a touch of style with the Hammer series.
The first-generation Hammer was a fairly robust piece of kit with a decent design. We put the robustness to test, the result of which you can check here. The Hammer S seems like a device that is a lot better looking that the first-gen model… that’s what we can tell from these leaked pictures of the phone.
Quite clearly, UMi has taken inspiration from the iPhone 6 (Galaxy S6?) for the edges but it does make for a pretty phone nonetheless.
The Hammer S will have a USB Type-C port, something that only the LeTV phones and the upcoming OnePlus 2 feature. Besides that, a listing of the phone on reseller site CooliCool also confirms that it’ll have the MediaTek MT6735 quad-core CPU… which will be a bit of a disappointment for some.
* 5.5" HD 1280*720 IPS OGS
* CPU:MTK6735 Quad Core, 1.3GHz GPU:Mali-T720
* Android 5.1 OS , 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
* Dual SIM card dual standby, Micro sim slot
* Dual Cameras, 5.0MP front camera, 13.0MP back camera with flashlight and auto focus
* Support FDD LTE/4G/3G/GPS/Wifi/Bluetooth/TOUCH ID